3 Easy Homemade Hair Masks for Dry Hair
Why Hair Masks for dry hair?
Is your hair dry, dull, rough and lifeless?
And you want soft, silky smooth hair?
Before I tell you amazing ideas to transform your dry hair, here’s a brief about why your hair is dry and sad…
Dry rough hair occurs when your hair lacks moisture. In healthy conditions, our hair has a moisture content of 10% to 12%. Anything less will cause it to become stiff and brittle.
So the simple answer to restoring your dry hair is to increase its moisture content. The Regular moisturizing will improve the hair’s elasticity, so your hair won’t break when combing.
A hair mask can be your biggest savior if you suffer from dry, rough and damaged hair. A hair mask basically contains nourishing ingredients which hydrate, add shine and softness to hair in the form of deep conditioning.
Homemade Hair Masks for Dry Hair
Here are some easy ways to give your hair some respect.
1. Avocado & Coconut Milk
Fat rich avocados and hair moisturizing coconut milk, this mask will bring new life to your dry, rough, dull hair. The amazing fats in avocados coat your hair and form a protective barrier, keeping your hair well moisturized, soft and flexible.
Coconut milk is very hydrating, and it works great as a hair detangler too! Toss in some olive oil and honey and you have a real treat for your hair.
- You will need 1 ripe avocado, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Mash the avocado, then put it in a blender, add the oil, and coconut milk, and blend until smooth.
- Apply this mask to your hair, making sure it’s saturating your hair and caressing your scalp. Leave this on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly.
2. Coconut Oil and Honey
Coconut Oil moisturizes and softens hair while preventing breakage due to its high content of fatty acids. It penetrates hair much deeper than a regular conditioner, leaving it soft, silky and shiny hair.
Honey is a natural humectant which means that infuses hair with moisture, giving it an extra boost of hydration. Honey is also an emollient giving you smoother hair while moisturizing your scalp to bring back lost softness and shine.
- Mix both ingredients in equal proportions in a bowl. Adjust the amount according to your hair length and texture.
- Apply to hair from top to bottom fully coating your hair. If you have an oily scalp, apply this mix from ears down.
- Let it sit for 20 mins
- Rinse it off.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
3. Milk & Honey
This hair mask is surprising. It will put plenty of moisture back into stressed tresses. Milk is full of fat to make your hair soft and flexible, as well as lactic acid to help clear away old, dead hair cells that may have accumulated on your hair and caused it to become rough and lifeless.
Honey is a natural humectant which means it attracts and retains moisture. Those of you looking for natural ways to straighten hair, ditch the heat and try out this milk and honey mask.
- You will Need ½ cup full-fat milk (use cream if you have super coarse hair), 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Warm-up milk slightly, add honey and stir until fully dissolved.
- Just put it in a spray bottle, spray onto your hair and scalp. Put on your shower cap or wrap your head with a cloth or a towel. Leave this on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly.
- Enjoy your soft, silky hair!
If you are located around Chandigarh, Mohali or Panchkula and looking for Hair spa or any hair service at home, then Jini app is all that you need. We provide you the best service in Tricity.